Monday, February 2, 2015

"Three on the Balcony"

There is something powerful in the physical space occupied by pieces of sculpture. The way physical
space, light, and living people, animals, and plants influence the sculpture their is some sort of life that
exists.  I'm quite curious about this enlivening of the inanimate. At some point I hope to do a series
of art that focuses on that unexplainable imbued spirit.

I took this photo at The Getty Center on my recent visit. This balcony was almost empty except
for my Mom, me, and the sculptures in the late afternoon light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking part in this blog conversation. To make sure this stays spam free and polite I'll read your comment before publishing it to the blog. Don't worry your comment will be posted! ;-)