Wednesday, February 11, 2015

"All the Cracks and Broken Bits"

On a campus that has the air of being expensively well kept, in LA where so many things aren't that old and certainly don't have the elegant patina of centuries of wear, it can be surprisingly humble and real to find signs of something beautiful showing its age and developing character. And, of course, my aesthetic sensibilities are always drawn towards patterning and how that can be broken down or convey meaning, so the bricks' regular pattern divided by cream grout and slabs of concrete then broken down by notches of freed grout and dark lined cracks running throughout draws me in and gets me thinking broadly. I hope you can find a trail of thoughts in this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking part in this blog conversation. To make sure this stays spam free and polite I'll read your comment before publishing it to the blog. Don't worry your comment will be posted! ;-)