Monday, August 18, 2014

Pennsylvania Fire Hydrant

Right after college I went on a road trip with my Mom to Pennsylvannia. We drove through
parts of Ohio and Pennsylvannia that looked like they were being slowly abandoned. There
were so many details from the past that are worth seeing. In this town (Forgive me, I can't
remember its name.) there were long faded murals on the side of buildings, onion domes
on a large aged orthodox church, varied rooftops in the small downtown skyline, and
cheerily detailed fire hydrants. It was on this trip that I began photographing fire hydrants
and old water drainage grates. So much is told in the curious details of a place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking part in this blog conversation. To make sure this stays spam free and polite I'll read your comment before publishing it to the blog. Don't worry your comment will be posted! ;-)